Study Abroad in the UK

Why Do You Need to Buy a House in 2022?

Studying in the UK prepares students for a bright future and a prestigious career. Every year, many students go to the United Kingdom to turn a new page in their lives. In this article, we gave information about studying abroad in the UK.

It is possible to complete undergraduate education in three years in the UK, so it costs less. Undergraduate education in the UK is three years, masters are one year, and Ph.D. is three years. The UK has an education system that encourages researchers and students to research. The English education system is divided into undergraduate and post-graduate. In some technical departments, the undergraduate study may be extended to four years. The academic year in the country begins at most universities in September or October. There is a three-term education system in the UK.

Students usually start programs in September or October, which must be applied from the autumn of the previous year. (Applications to Oxford- Cambridge and medical schools end in September/October.) Applications of students who are qualified to apply directly to schools are made through UCAS. UCAS will forward your application to the schools of your choice. A university or college accepts the student if the student has obtained specific grades in A-Level or equivalent exams. If the university or college applied for does not accept the student, UCAS will send the application to other educational institutions that still have an open place. Up to 5 schools can be applied simultaneously through UCAS.

To enter British universities, British students should generally have sufficient scores from A-Level, AS-Levels, International Baccalaureate, BTEC, and GNVQ (General National Vocational Qualification) Foreign students, on the other hand, should attend Foundation Courses. These basic or transition courses are designed to allow students who do not have the necessary qualifications to continue their university education. Some of these courses are for specific programs such as business, law, engineering, or electronics, and some for general social sciences. Most foundation courses that last a year in one or more subjects are linked to a specific diploma degree at a university or college; students who succeed can attend university.

Students who want to enter business life in a short time by studying in departments that do not require a long-term university education, such as engineering, law, architecture, participate in HND programs. Although HND programs are the same in content, they are also offered under the name Foundation Degree. Students who want to complete these programs and still get a university diploma can get a bachelor's degree by participating in one-year top-up programs. The advantage of the HND and Foundation Degree programs is that they are more affordable than undergraduate programs.

In some top universities and departments requiring high scores, Foundation is not sufficient for admission, so an A-Level is required. A-Level (GCE Advanced Level or A2) High school education is offered as an intensive program. The program lasts for two years and consists of 6 units. A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 courses are taken during the program. Students can choose any subject related to science, literature, science, social sciences, and arts. However, to study in a good university and a good department, science, medicine, mathematics for engineering, physics, chemistry, and biology courses; for business, humanities, and law, they must take mathematics, accounting, economics, psychology, and English literature.

Students usually take A-Level exams in two or three subjects related to the subject they want to study for higher education. A-Level courses, which normally take two years, can be completed in one year in intensive courses offered in some places. Foreign students can attend one of the independent secondary schools for A-Level education. 

A "Tier4 General Student Visa" is given for education at British universities. For this type of visa, the amount of school and living expenses must be kept in the bank account for at least 28 days before application.  


Footer Contact Bar Image